Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Toyota gas pedal

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:32:32 -0800, Erik wrote:

(An item on my 'list' would be explaining how to restart a fuel injected
engine after it's been run out of fuel... without burning up the
starter, and running down the battery.

How do you do it? On most cars, after adding a little fuel, turn the key
to the 'run' position, wait about 4 seconds then turn it back off.
Repeat 50 or 60 times. Each cycle runs the pump 2 or 3 seconds without
grinding away on the starter. Long vehicles, like limos will require
more cycles.

Why not simply turn the key to the run position, open the hood and press
a ballpoint pen or other item, on the little gizmo in the Schraider
valve on the fuel injector rail until it spritzs gas up like a litle
fountain?

Or doesnt that work?

Please tell me! I might run out of gas someday.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton