Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Erik[_5_] Erik[_5_] is offline

Default Toyota gas pedal

In article ,
Jim Chandler wrote:

Too bad that there isn't a requirement for
SOME kind of training prior to obtaining a driver's license. Hell,
most of them today can't even change a tire.

I don't know if it's so or not, but have heard in Sweden you need to
pass an elementary 'automotive mechanical aptitude' test to get a
drivers license.

Simple basic stuff like correct use of jumper cables and putting on the
spare... and if your not physically able, at least be able to correctly
direct someone else in doing so.

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? Sounds like a good idea
to me.

(An item on my 'list' would be explaining how to restart a fuel injected
engine after it's been run out of fuel... without burning up the
starter, and running down the battery.

How do you do it? On most cars, after adding a little fuel, turn the key
to the 'run' position, wait about 4 seconds then turn it back off.
Repeat 50 or 60 times. Each cycle runs the pump 2 or 3 seconds without
grinding away on the starter. Long vehicles, like limos will require
more cycles.

And how do you do it with a vehicle equipped with a 'start button? I
don't have a clue... probably there is a way to run the fuel pump with a
scan tool or jumper wire, but who knows...)

Erik