Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Toyota gas pedal

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 14:08:51 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:14:18 -0800, Jim Chandler wrote:

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:41:21 -0800 (PST), TwoGuns
wrote:

Watching the CBS evening news this evening I have to wonder is every
one in the TV Broadcast business a CLUELESS ****ING IDIOT?

Four people died in an accident in a Toyota. The 911 call was played
on air. Evidently the throttle pedal had gotten caught under a floor
mat and the 911 caller was applying brakes but could not stop. The
Toyota with four people crashed at an intersection killing the
occupants. The 911 call lasted for several seconds and the dispatcher
did not tell the driver to put the car in NEUTRAL.

PUT THE ****ING TRANNY IN NEUTRAL and then apply brakes. Is that too
hard to comprehend? CBS should be sued for not telling their audience
the proper way to react to a situation like this.

DL

How about just turning the key off? That would kill the engine and
the problem would go away. You are correct in your assessment that
everyone in the broadcast business is a clueless idiot. They can't be
bothered to research the subject.

Jim

Many vehicles these days do NOT use keys. The car in question didnt
have a key..but a "start button"..and to shut it down requires one to
press it for up to 4 seconds.

You just got here..right ?

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

So push the bloody button and hold it. Then go have the car modified
back to a saner system. :-)

Jim