Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Taking apart a Mini-Maglite

Oren wrote:
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:13:50 -0800 (PST), in2dadark
wrote:

I wonder if some penetrating oil would help?

Bob

jee bob. I really thought, after reading the responses to my cabinets
post they were going to rip you and tell you to get a life and a new
flashlight. Very odd group here. Apparently field stripping a flash
light is high on their list of 'need to discuss' issues. My next
thread will be titled 'how do I repair (not replace) a leaky flapper
valve on my toilet'..There should be high interest in that considering
the IQ and temperment here.

Smart people don't use Google Groups to participate here. Many will
not even respond to a thread from Google, regardless of IQ of a
poster.

That is/may be the reason you don't get the answer(s) you desire.

"Very odd group here" - ain't that some ****!

'Very odd group here' - he says that like it is a bad thing! I find this
group very educational and useful, and I grew up in the frigging
business. The vast (or half-vast) range of different life experiences
the regulars on here have had, have given them a range of real-world
experience I could never match. I suppose the personality traits and
quirks of some of the regulars may be a little scary or offensive to
those that have never swung a hammer, but I dealt with people like that
on the job sites every day, so it doesn't faze me.

And to bring this back on-thread- I never had a battery leak in a
mag-lite so bad that I couldn't bang it out by slamming the closed tail
on a board repeatedly. (after removing both bulbs, of course.) I think
mag-lite has gone downhill since they went mass-market. Keep meaning to
get LED conversions for the ones I have, if I ever find them all.
--
aem sends...