Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Taking apart a Mini-Maglite

On the filament versions, the bulb pulls out. Then, the "DO
NOT REMOVE" plastic part pulls out. Then, you can use the
flat end of a drill bit to push the other part of the DO NOT
REMOVE. I havn't tried to dissemble a LED version, they may
be totally different.

On the filament bulb mini mag varieties, I often have to
dissemble the switch assembly to clean the contacts. The
light grows dim, even on fresh batteries. I'm part engineer.
I've spent a lot of hours trying to analyze how to clean and
service a $10 flashlight.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"zxcvbob"
wrote in message ...

Are you sure about that? I unscrewed the reflector, but
don't see
any way to remove the LED assembly. (I neglected to mention
it's an
LED model, not incandescent, can't believe I left that out)

Thanks,
Bob