Posted to alt.home.repair
ShadowTek[_2_] ShadowTek[_2_] is offline

Default Taking apart a Mini-Maglite

On 2009-11-29, zxcvbob wrote:

Are you sure about that? I unscrewed the reflector, but don't see
any way to remove the LED assembly. (I neglected to mention it's an
LED model, not incandescent, can't believe I left that out)

I've got a 3AA LED model, and the bulb assembly spins freely. It even
slides up and down freely about an 1/8th of an inch.

It has 2 little slots in the top. I tried grabbing it an pulling it out
with a pair of tweezers, but I felt like I was about to break the
plastic, so that doesn't seem to be the proper method of removal.

You could try Maglite's website, or send them an email about it.

http://www.maglite.com/anatomy_spare_AA_LED.asp