Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Taking apart a Mini-Maglite

On Nov 29, 3:54*pm, zxcvbob wrote:
Jim wrote:
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
I just found the 3AA MiniMaglite that I thought I left in a motel room over
a year ago. *(it was under the car seat) *Two of the batteries leaked -- *
the ones closest to the lamp. *The corrosion doesn't look bad. The bottom
battery just dropped out easily, and I was able to knock the middle battery
out by hitting the tailcap with a deadblow hammer, but the last one won't
budge. *I don't see any way to take it apart from the lamp end. *Any ideas?

I wonder if some penetrating oil would help?

Bob

* *The lamp end unscrews Bob

Are you sure about that? *I unscrewed the reflector, but don't see
any way to remove the LED assembly. (I neglected to mention it's an
LED model, not incandescent, can't believe I left that out)

Thanks,
Bob- Hide quoted text -

Contact the battery manufacturer!!!!