Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sofa Slug[_2_] Sofa Slug[_2_] is offline

Default Nedd a new attic antenna? Amplified.

Jim Yanik wrote:
Sjouke Burry wrote in
:

mm wrote:
My old amplified antenna in the attic has failed, and I don't think I
can fix it.

I would buy a new amplified antenna, but so far, the ones I see are
advertised iiuc like the digital age has not arrived. Maybe I
should wait until they are selling antennas that are really designed
for digital???

snipped

Right now, not counting the array of weather channels, I'm getting 10
stations in Baltimore and DC with just a 7 foot single strand of wire
stuck into the coax connector on back of the DVDR-with-hard-drive, and
that would be enough if there weren't at least 6 others I think I
could get just by having a better antenna.)

google for the homemade DTV antenna(UHF) from makezine;
coathanger wires,screws,washers,a small board,and a balun.
simple to make,works well.

Try:

http://mysite.verizon.net/g_reeder/C...V_antenna.html

http://tinyurl.com/coat-hanger-antenna