Lee Blaver

Default Pushfit plumbing question

BillR wrote:

The integrity of the O ring is vital. So pipe must be smoothly cut
and inserted carefully.
I've not had a problem with any, even the cheaper B&Q branded ones.

Ok I'll put it down to a dodgy fitting and stop worrying then...

The O ring looks ok, but the fitting didn't seem as secure on the pipe
as the genuine ones, I wouldn't have used it if I hadn't been in a
hurry

Lee

Maybe the grab ring was distorted..

Maybe, although it didn't really feel very secure in either side of the
fitting. I was careful to cut the pipe square, using the cutter and used
inserts. No sideways pressure on the joint either.

Possibly it needed a different method of fitting, or maybe it doesn't
mate very well with Speedfit pipe. I'll have a look in the shop and see
if they have any instructions, although I don't think I'll want to use
that type again...

Lee
--
Never summon Anything you can't banish.