John Stumbles

Default Pushfit plumbing question

"BillR" wrote in message
Lee Blaver wrote:
BillR wrote:

Lee Blaver wrote:

Probably a rhetorical question, but I have just had a 15mm pushfit
connector start weeping after 3 days, and I was just wondering how
long I need to leave the others now before I can convince myself
they are ok?

The joint that leaked wasn't a genuine JG Speedfit, but the rest
are, I suppose that answers the question really...

Lee

The integrity of the O ring is vital. So pipe must be smoothly cut
and inserted carefully.
I've not had a problem with any, even the cheaper B&Q branded ones.

Ok I'll put it down to a dodgy fitting and stop worrying then...

The O ring looks ok, but the fitting didn't seem as secure on the pipe
as the genuine ones, I wouldn't have used it if I hadn't been in a
hurry

Lee

Maybe the grab ring was distorted..

Had one Speedfit (tm) fail where the grab ring (plastic 'crown' shaped piece
with metal teeth in the petals of the crown) seems to have split in 2. Had
one Hep2O fail where the O ring split. Had one Speedfit weep where it went
onto copper pipe which was a bit gritty or dented (forget which). Discovered
that 22mm Speedfit doesn't work on 3/4" copper tube :-)

Just waiting for the rest .... :-/

--
John Stumbles