Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Water meter

"Tim Downie" wrote in message

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
I managed to talk my Grandad into having a water meter fitted some years
ago. He lived on his own in a 4 bed house and it was worth him having one
fitted IMHO. After the meter was fitted he asked me to have a look at it
as he thought it had been incorrectly fitted.

It had indeed been incorrectly fitted. YW had fitted the meter after the
T that supplied the outside tap. My Grandad laughed and said "Don't tell
anyone until I am dead" as he went to fetch the lawn sprinkler and
hosepipe from the garage.

Sometimes they cock up the opposite way though. My wife's elderly aunt
who lives alone had a meter fitted and then faced a bill much bigger than
expected. Turned out that the main supplying her house had a branch that
supplied the neighbour's house as well.

Tim

You complained about that installation though:-)

Adam