Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Toyota gas pedal

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 04:53:04 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

David Lesher wrote:
Christopher Tidy writes:

PUT THE ****ING TRANNY IN NEUTRAL and then apply brakes. Is that too
hard to comprehend? CBS should be sued for not telling their audience
the proper way to react to a situation like this.

Or just switch off the engine.

That was not the only crash; just the best reported.

As has been detailed:

A) It was a loaner car; so he was not familiar with it.

B) It had a "keyless ignition" -- to "switch off the engine" you had to
HOLD the START button down for several seconds. Sorta like Windoze.

C) It was some "clutchless" transmission with gates that kept you from
moving into the "wrong" gear. It's not clear where neutral really was.

The issue I see is changing standard expected user interfaces without
enough training. B) is especially stoopid.

Suppose we suddenly made all the stop buttons in your shop green; and
reversed the thread on the chuck, and the lead screws...think you might
have an issue under pressure?

If the car was really that perversely designed, I don't blame the poor
guy. As I see it, your only remaining option is to figure out a way to
pull up the pedal. For once, maybe a lawsuit is deserved.

Or if you're Gunner, you take out your piece and shoot the engine :-).

Chris

With a handgun..unfortunately that seldom works. Rifles..might take a
couple 3-4 shots to hit something that would kill the engine.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton