Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water meter

Roger Mills wrote:
mogga wrote:

Good idea or not? (I reckon not with a teen in the house)

And how much pipe do they need?

Why not do like I did, and fit your own? Then you can monitor your
usage and work out whether you'd be better or worse off if your
supply was officially metered.

Mine replaces about 5" of pipe. I think the water-board-supplied ones
are about the same.

FWIW, I've just taken a photo of it, which you can see at
http://www.mills37.plus.com/Water_meter.JPG Not the best of photos,
taken under the sink, in the dark, using flash. [It's still better
than most of TMH's photographic efforts! g]

Oi !

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk