Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Malcolm is offline

Default Water meter

ARWadsworth wrote:

"Vortex4" wrote in message

"mogga" wrote in message
Good idea or not? (I reckon not with a teen in the house)

And how much pipe do they need?

--
http://www.Christmasfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

What do you pay at the moment? The "old" rates are based on the
"ratabale value" of your home which IIRC is nominally the rental value
of that property in 1991. I have no idea how it is scaled for houses
built after that date. A very byzantine system.

It is not scaled for houses built after that date. The houses had water
meters fitted.

Adam

Not all houses. Ours was built in 1998 and has a 'notional' rateable
value which I suspect is low for a small 4 bed detached. Total payments
for supply and waste (different companies) is £380

Malcolm