Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Should I move to Idaho?

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:37:43 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"RAM³" wrote in message
.. .
"Strabo" wrote in message

Texas. It's a natural fit.

That it is.

"The Patch" is still active, small entrepreneurs are opening machine shops
and companies that use machinery, etc.

Local regs may require a Master Electrician's cert for wiring, though...

BTW, NO State Income Tax and it's a Right To Work state! grin

Yes, Texas does have a lot going for it. And it is like California in that
it has three distinct geographical regions, so different from each other
that you think you're in another part of the world. But yes, with the oil
patch, no state income, and work mentality that's based on performance and a
handshake, Gunner, it sounds more like a fit than Idaho. Just take a large
flyswatter for the skeeters in some places. Other than that, nice folks
scattered among the trash. Just like California, only with an accent.
You'll be saying y'all in no time. And Louisiana is right next door, and a
lot of that oilpatch business is available within a few hours drive on the
Interstate. For what you want to do, I'd say that it is better than Idaho,
and a hell of a lot warmer.

Steve

During the mid 70s..I worked for Bendix Geophysical in McAllen, Pharr
(SP) and across the border in Matamoros etc for Pemex

It was a nice state, but I generally only worked there in the winters.

How is the humitity in most of the state..or is as you say..three
different areas and 3 different humidities?

Stay 100 miles West of Fort Worth (along a line North to South) and the
humidity is more arid. Trouble is, the arid parts of the state are also
the most boring, with the possible exception of the Big Bend area