David F. Eisan

Default Topcote v. Boeshield v. Paste Wax v. Shellac - Da Winnah!

Tom,

I have bought a couple of used machines that the tables looked impeccable
on, only on closer inspection to find that they have been sprayed with clear
lacquer. These have all been big industrial machines from factories. My 20"
Wadkin bandsaw table (130lb+) was clearcoated, I only discovered this when I
scratched it. I wonder why more people don't simply clearcoat?

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
Archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search