Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default National Ammo Day

clipped
I'm just there to buy some widget as efficiently as I can. That's
when I
can't fathom the broads in their fancy outfits. Don't they work right
alongside their husbands? I do. If I didn't, I'd feel like I wasn't
pulling
my weight.

Cindy Hamilton

Welllll.....I work alongside my husband when absolutely necessary to
keep him from mucking up something that should look decent or might
cause the neighbors to complain. He can do a lot of stuff, and his
talent runs more to demolition or moving objects of more than two tons
in weight ) I NEVER go higher on a ladder than the second step,
except when the sign on second story of our condo needed to be painted.
No way was I going to let him slop green paint on the newly painted
white wall surrounding the sign. Did most of it with my eyes closed,
esp. the climbing part ) I don' t even go out on the neighbor's
balcony because it exceeds my height tolerance...the finger dock at low
tide is also a challenge )

My mom was a DIYer and had her own workshop when she passed away at age
82. My dad didn't have the patience to change a light bulb. Mom built
her own kitchen cabinets, among other things....and she would never,
ever, have gone shopping without makeup and normal lunch-with-the-girls
outfit. )

Hubby did a lot of work around the condo. One day he was working on
replacing a hose bib, which required all of the water to the entire
building to be shut off. I knew of one resident, in particular, who
would be mad as hell if the shut-off interrupted her
obsessive/compulsive schedule. I waited while he fiddled for four hours
trying to solder the new faucet. Finally went out and turned on the
faucet at the dock, which I knew was lower than the faucet he worked on.
Voila! No more water in his pipe, solder worked, all done ) He
knows how to bug the hell out of people and appear entirely innocent.