Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default National Ammo Day

On Nov 19, 12:28*pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
"Pete C." wrote nster.com:

George wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Even though I'm exempt from an NICS check, I make it a practice
to NEVER buy a gun from a dealer.

So, what do you do if you want a brand new gun?
NIB or new to me? For new-to-me, *I generally buy guns from
individuals at gun shows (the so-called "gun show loophole"). Of
these, there are two kinds: The guy who rented a table (~$100) to
facilitate his private buying and selling, and the guy walking
around with a gun in his hand (code for "stop me and ask how much
I'll take").

I've picked up a couple of guns at estate sales, but they're
generally over-priced.

Hint: If you represent a corporation, the corporation can buy a
gun without a background check. This is most useful for buying
fully-automatic weapons. When asked on the ATF form for the
purpose of obtaining a fully-automatic weapon, the appropriate
answer is "investment."

Other than the amusement of blowing $100 in ammo in a few seconds
on the range, why exactly would anyone want a full auto gun? In my
not so humble opinion, full auto is only good for wasting valuable
ammo.

Totally agree. It is amusing to shoot one once. Buying one is the
mine is bigger than yours thing bragging rights thing for people who
don't have a life. Same reason why people need giant McMansions and
giant fluffed up trucks used as a one passenger vehicle.

Er, I have a giant truck as a one passenger vehicle... I also tow and
haul stuff with it.

well,that "full-auto" NFA gun could also be a SELECT-FIRE gun,and be used
semi-auto,3rd burst,or full-auto.You could still enjoy shooting it.
and one could be very handy in a meltdown riot situation.Remember the
LA Watts riots?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik