Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default National Ammo Day

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Nov 20, 10:46*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
dgk wrote:

Joe, I suspect you will die of some other cause and never have to
shoot some mugger.

That could very well be, simply because he IS armed.

I've displayed my pistol three times in 13 years (twice in a Home Depot
parking lot!). In all three cases, I was being approached by a dissolute
wreck who refused my command to stop and come no closer. One had a tire iron
in his hand.

Jesus Christ! Where do you live?

I suspect it isn't his address, it is his teeny, tiny, little p. . .
er, pistol that is the determining factor.

Actually, in my part of the world, "displaying" a pistol is a good way
to get killed. Gang bangers will back off [maybe] but the minute
you turn your back, they will

The only scary things I see in the
Depot parking lot are women who get all dolled up with makeup and
jewelry
to go to the hardware store.

What's up with that? My local Lowes shares a parking lot with a
grocery store. You would think they would draw the same clientele.
I rarely see any overdressed ladies in the grocery store. But I see
plenty in the Lowes.

Jim
Cindy Hamilton