Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk is offline

Default IBM computer monitor

On 23 Nov, 13:40, mike wrote:
isw wrote:
In article
,
*mike wrote:

Hi,

Hoping someone of you reading here could direct me to information on
the dis-assembly of a so-called IBM model E74 17 inch monitor. *I
recently was given one, and it has something rattling around inside of
it, and also shows physical damage at one corner of its plastic
enclosure. *Amazingly enough, it works great (I tried it before I
noticed the damage).

I searched for a bit at the IBM site, and on google-groups, but to no
avail - the main prob so far is I can't figure how to get it apart,
there are no screw heads showing anywhere, but I'd like to get
whatever loose bits out of there and give it a good cleaning, if
needed, it says it was made in the year 2000.

Thanks for any tips, hints or links in advance.

If it works, why are you trying to fix it?

Isaac

Hmm, you must be one of those 'if it aint broke don't fix it guys' - I
guess I'm more of a 'lets get a little familiar with it so that it may
be a bit easier to deal with it if it does break' type a guy.

I'd tend to go along with that -- it would be wise to ensure that it's
not a metal object that's going to short something out. I once had a
film projector where a spare fuse had dropped inside and was rolling
around causing intermittent short circuits (but not taking enough
current to self-destruct).

Chris