Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken[_6_] Ken[_6_] is offline

Default IBM computer monitor

mike wrote:

Ken wrote:
mike wrote:
Hi,

Hoping someone of you reading here could direct me to information on
the dis-assembly of a so-called IBM model E74 17 inch monitor. I
recently was given one, and it has something rattling around inside of
it, and also shows physical damage at one corner of its plastic
enclosure. Amazingly enough, it works great (I tried it before I
noticed the damage).

I searched for a bit at the IBM site, and on google-groups, but to no
avail - the main prob so far is I can't figure how to get it apart,
there are no screw heads showing anywhere, but I'd like to get
whatever loose bits out of there and give it a good cleaning, if
needed, it says it was made in the year 2000.

Thanks for any tips, hints or links in advance.

Mike

Is this one of those with two slots on the top of the cover? If so,
you need a sharp tapered instrument to release the plastic latches
inside. Reply back and I can describe the tool.

Yes, I noticed those but was afraid to go probing around "in there"
without knowing
how that's supposed to work. Thanks for your reply.

I have sent you a message with an attachment describing the tool and
how to use it. Let me know if you need more info.