Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Replace doorbell

Oren wrote:

I cannot recall the exact details, but I'm sure it had to do with
moisture. Working on a 12V truck battery, I got "bit". Not sure what
was touched by the tools or the wetness and leaning against the truck
fender.

I was "shocked" it could happen. Hasn't happened since.

Sweaty wet hands may have done it, or if you have a little cut you have
been ignoring, 12 volts will remind you. Normally I can put my hands
across a car battery and not feel a thing. When sweating that adds salt
to the moisture and makes a big difference. Plain water isn't really a
great conductor, but the higher the voltage the more dangerous it
becomes. You can actually spill water on a CPU board while it's on and
although it may stop working, it will most likely work again after it's dry.