Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replace doorbell

Tony wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

You should try sticking a 98 volt battery to your forehead.
There is a little sting to it but the most interesting part
is the disruption to your vision. It's as though a movie
camera shutter was being flicked open and closed at a rapid
rate but slow enough to be perceived, very odd sensation.

The worst shock I got was while working on an old cigarette machine. It
was getting an electronic upgrade, so I unplugged it and was using some
special taps that you squeeze over another wire to tap into it. It was
hard to reach what I was doing, my sweating forehead was up against some
nice shiny chrome and my sweaty hands were on my pliers. Holy ****! I
did indeed see a bright white light! I believe it was the electric
flowing through the general area of my eyes nerves, not to mention my
brain. The path was from my hands to my forehead. Sweaty hands and
skin greatly multiplies the amount of current that flows. I was dazed
for a little while until I realized where I was again. Yep, the
bartender had plugged in the cigarette machine for me. Thanks MFer. So
next time I write something really stupid, that's my excuse.

In the summertime I tend to sweat like a thunderstorm, there are
usually a few puddles around where I'm working and it's not due
to incontinence. Anyway, my clothes are always soaking wet and
whenever I work on any kind of electrical equipment, my wet shirt
will inevitably touch a hot or ground and light me up.

TDD