Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Shipping Charges

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 09:26:56 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Manifestation of the dumbing down of America through education can often
be observed first at the USPS, where even that paltry bit of education
is beyond the available intelligence.

We moved into this development when it was still being built out and
the road was not completed yet. The shape is now like a P but at the
time it was like a Y, loop not connected yet. Called post office and
asked if they had any preference as to where the mail box ought to be.
Postmaster says "Put it anywhere you want." Seemed pretty annoyed at
being asked at all.

Fast forward two years and the road is long since completed, all the
lots are built out and moved into. Everyone on our side of the road
suddenly gets a letter saying we have to move our mailboxes to the
other side of the road.

Call up Mr Postmaster again. You see, they did a ride along to
observe the route. And you see, the mail carrier goes half way around
the loop, TURNS AROUND, goes back around the other way, TURNS AROUND
again, and back again. And you see, all of that TURNING AROUND is
unsafe. And the only solution is to move the ****ing mailboxes.

And yes, the mailboxes got moved.

-Kevin