Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
John Nice John Nice is offline

Default Agilent DMMs?

"Sparky" wrote in message
I've owned & used Fluke DMMs and Tektronix scopes. I don't know much about
the Agilent U1242A DMM.

What's the history of these meters? Quality? Usability?

Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks.

I've had my U1242A about six months. I've known Agilent since they were HP
and I have no worries about quality. I haven't dropped it off a ladder yet
so can't comment on toughness ;-) It has all (and more) of the features I
need. The built-in probe park is a good idea, but I could wish for a hook
on it, though maybe a carry case would meet that need (I don't have one, it
lives in my toolbox).

Overall very satisfied.

John