Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default Agilent DMMs?

I've owned & used Fluke DMMs and Tektronix scopes. I don't know much about
the Agilent U1242A DMM.

What's the history of these meters? Quality? Usability?

Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"Sparky" wrote in message
I've owned & used Fluke DMMs and Tektronix scopes. I don't know much about
the Agilent U1242A DMM.

What's the history of these meters? Quality? Usability?

Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks.

I've had my U1242A about six months. I've known Agilent since they were HP
and I have no worries about quality. I haven't dropped it off a ladder yet
so can't comment on toughness ;-) It has all (and more) of the features I
need. The built-in probe park is a good idea, but I could wish for a hook
on it, though maybe a carry case would meet that need (I don't have one, it
lives in my toolbox).

Overall very satisfied.

John

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

I've got an Agilent meter on the way for review in my blog, so hopefully
will have a review soon.

Dave,
I watch your blog with interest. You go into details of usage and practical
features (ie, battery life) that I don't find elsewhere.

Looking forward to that Agilent review...

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:26:15 +1100, "David L. Jones"
wrote:

Sparky wrote:
I've got an Agilent meter on the way for review in my blog, so
hopefully will have a review soon.

Dave,
I watch your blog with interest. You go into details of usage and
practical features (ie, battery life) that I don't find elsewhere.

Looking forward to that Agilent review...

Thanks. Just hope it turns up, it's been promised so we'll wait and see :-D
Dave.

Are you going to tear it apart, like the Rigol Oscilloscope review?
Your tour of the insides was very informative and useful.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D