Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Shipping Charges

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Yeah, you gotta link? How many stamps did you put on it? LOL

Leon, I think they're maybe not treating you right - if I leave a note in
the mailbox (or phone the PO, or ask the carrier) they even bring me the
boxes (got some small ones beside me right now). The mail carrier picks
'em up and will take a personal check for postage.

They even put the stamp on _for_ me.

LOL... Actually I have "one" of the last few good postmen. In my
neighborhood he still drives to each mail box at the ends of the driveways.
BUT he often stops and carries my mail up to my garage if he sees me working
on a project.

We watch each others back. A few days ago he was driving down the street
and I saw him coming so I walked out to meet him and pick up my mail. A
"crazy" lady was running down the sidewalk chasing him, arms flailing. When
he stopped to hand me the mail she caught up, out of breath. We both looked
at her while she asked, do you have any mail for me?

He looks at her and asks, who are you? She does not answer. Again he asks,
who are you? She finally responds, I am a resident. Again he asks, who are
you? She responds, do you have any mail for me?

He looks at me, I look at him, I look at her and respond, he wants to know
your name and probably your address. I further point out that I appreciate
the fact that he does not hand out mail to people he does not recognize and
that are chasing him down the street.

She never identified herself or exactly where she lived. She left, yelling
less than pleasant comments about him.

Unfortunately he is going to retire in the Spring and will probably be
replaced by one of the ones that typically take 3 trips to our neighborhood
to deliver all the mail all day long. There are only 250 homes in our
neighborhood.