Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Replace doorbell

"JayB" wrote in message
"Jim" nospam@wherever wrote in message

Wouldn't worry about where it is connected...It's DC ...I've used a lot
stronger DC voltage while being underwater...no worries...I'v replaced my
doorbell hot outside in the rain... Hell i'd sit in my hot tub touching
both wires at the same time.. Been a rig welder of thirty years welding
with DC out on a pipeline in the rain... a doorbell??? sheesh...just wire
it... Jim

Why would it be DC instead of AC? Hardwired doorbells usually have a
step-down transformer that changes higher voltage AC to low voltage AC,
but there is no rectifier that changes the AC to DC.

No Jay... to convert AC to DC would require a rectifier...to convert DC
to AC requires a converter... Jim