Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Replace doorbell

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
Am about to replace hideous doorbell. AFAIK, I just have to unscrew
tthe old one and attach the new one to the wires.
BUT - how do I know which "breaker" as they used to call them,
controls the doorbell? I looked in my switch box, where I have
everything labeled, but did not see "doorbell". It rings in the
kitchen. Anybody hazard a guess where it might be connected?

Wouldn't worry about where it is connected...It's DC ...I've used a lot
stronger DC voltage while being underwater...no worries...I'v replaced my
doorbell hot outside in the rain... Hell i'd sit in my hot tub touching both
wires at the same time.. Been a rig welder of thirty years welding with DC
out on a pipeline in the rain... a doorbell??? sheesh...just wire it... Jim