Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Shipping Charges

In article 201120092133152209%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone. ca, Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , Doug Miller
wrote:

Easily. Hell, I can manage that in my old truck -- 85 Dodge, 360 4bbl, about
17mpg on the highway -- and most cars will do far better. At the rate I paid
last time I filled up, $11.50 is 4.75 gallons, which will take my Saturn SL2
considerably farther than 80 miles. Like more than *twice* that.

Of course, that disregards the value of my *time* to drive 80 miles...

I didn't ask "can you use less than $11.50 in gas to drive 80 miles?",
Doug.

I asked "Can you drive 80 miles for $11.50?"

Your answer appears to be "No."

Just depends on how you measure the cost. g