Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Replace doorbell

Higgs Boson wrote:
Am about to replace hideous doorbell. AFAIK, I just have to unscrew
tthe old one and attach the new one to the wires.
BUT - how do I know which "breaker" as they used to call them,
controls the doorbell? I looked in my switch box, where I have
everything labeled, but did not see "doorbell". It rings in the
kitchen. Anybody hazard a guess where it might be connected?

Hmmm,
Typically door bell works off 24V AC, try to find the transformer
feeding the door bell. Mine is mounted on the side of breaker panel box.
Even if you don't turn it off, I doubt 24V AC will kill you if touched.