Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Shipping Charges

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:26:27 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:

Gerald Ross wrote:
Have you noticed that most of the woodworking supply companies have
quietly changed over to shipping charges being based on how much you pay
for rather than how much it weighs.

I have noticed - I wonder if they've noticed that I've been ordering
less from them...

...probably not.

I'll bet Rob pops up here and gives an unequivocal "Yes" to that
query, but it's more likely from our devalued dollar than from his
company's shipping policy degradation. Overall, not from individuals.

Next time, Gerald, call Rob and ask him to pop it in an envelope for
you. bseg

--
We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond
with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774