Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Shipping Charges

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Have you noticed that most of the woodworking supply companies have
quietly changed over to shipping charges being based on how much you pay
for rather than how much it weighs. This used to be a hallmark of bottom
feeders such as JC Whitney and Harbor Freight.

I first really noticed it when I ordered a couple of small gifts for my
grandson from Lee Valley. Shipping was $11.50. The order weighed 14 oz
including packaging.

I live out in the hinterland and everything comes by FedEx or UPS. Even
the nearest Lowe's is 40 miles away. This really hurts.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

It's a damned poor mind that can only
think of one way to spell a word.

Would it be cheaper for you to return it to Lee Valley?