Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Shipping Charges

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
Snip

Easily. Hell, I can manage that in my old truck -- 85 Dodge, 360 4bbl,
about
17mpg on the highway -- and most cars will do far better. At the rate I
paid
last time I filled up, $11.50 is 4.75 gallons, which will take my Saturn
SL2
considerably farther than 80 miles. Like more than *twice* that.

Of course, that disregards the value of my *time* to drive 80 miles...

Add wear and tear on the vehicle, maintainance, pro-rated insurance. The
governmant allows you a bit over 50 cents per mile when used for business
purposes. That is probably a bit shy of actual cost.

Typically a 80 mile trip really costs you about $40.