Posted to rec.woodworking
Gerald Ross[_2_] Gerald Ross[_2_] is offline

Default Shipping Charges

Have you noticed that most of the woodworking supply companies have
quietly changed over to shipping charges being based on how much you
pay for rather than how much it weighs. This used to be a hallmark of
bottom feeders such as JC Whitney and Harbor Freight.

I first really noticed it when I ordered a couple of small gifts for
my grandson from Lee Valley. Shipping was $11.50. The order weighed 14
oz including packaging.

I live out in the hinterland and everything comes by FedEx or UPS.
Even the nearest Lowe's is 40 miles away. This really hurts.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

It's a damned poor mind that can only