Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Al Al is offline

Default BGA Rework Setup

Hi,

I am looking to setup a BGA rework station (including reballing chip).

I have seen a few options in my price range and was wondering if
anyone here, with BGA experience know of any of these products and how
good each is:

1. http://zhuomao.en.alibaba.com/produc..._ZM_R5860.html

Most expensive product, but designed to do BGA rework and nothing
else. $2000 USD

2. Havnt got a link but I have been told that I can get away with a
preheater, SMD hot air gun, 20x microscope.

If your really good I guess this might work. But I am not an
experienced solder'r and I think I would prob end up cooking the
chips. Good DIY back yard solution. Might get it up and running for
$600 USD

3. http://www.hakko.com/english/products/hakko_rework.html

I think this setup is about $1500 USD.

I mainly want to do motherboards.

Any positive tips greatfully rec'd.

-Al

I know these guys make great irons, and this setup is a peicemeal
approach to BGA rework station in that all the components can be
brought seperately. Hakko is unforuntaly pricey.