Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Shower with Main cold water and cylinder hot water

"michael" wrote in message
Hi Can someone advise what type of shower I need when I have mains
cold water with cylinder hot water. What is a good shower type to
use.

At the moment I have a normal lever mixer, but then you turn it just a
little to the cold the water gets very cold. It generally hard to
control and the shower water temp keeps changing.

Michael

Go for the Ideal Stadard Trevi Boost. Not cheap but very well made and good
looking. Run a dedicated 22mm hot supply from the cylinder to the mixer and
a 15mm cold water mains supply.

They work well giving high pressure showers as much as the mains can
deliver. Get the tech specs of the Trevi and test your main pressure. These
venturi mixers must be run within the makers specs. Problems are invariably
poor installation.