Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default National Ammo Day

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:24:19 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

What's your point?

My point, if one were too dense to deduce it from my question, is
this: how many of those 7.5 billion rounds would end up in the hands
of those you'd rather it not (like people who might want to rip you
off or otherwise do you harm)?

Interesting. I hadn't considered that. Now that I have, I still
don't care.

Well, I CARE a little bit, but the alternatives are far worse than a
handfull of do-bads stocking up on ammunition. Chances are that the
goblins who end up with a trunkfull of bullets will use them mostly
to kill other goblins. So that's good.

Buying ammo now is like buying gold, in more ways than one. You should
have bought both a few years ago when houses were thought to be the
best investment.

Yep. With sufficient ammunition, all other things are obtainable -
including gold.

In the event of a total meltdown of society, that gold's value will be
determined by whoever gets their gun on target first. My intuition tells me
it won't be you.