Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default National Ammo Day

"Cheri" wrote in
:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
dgk wrote:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:44:32 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Fingerprints, background check. Waiting period.
Registration. National ID card, approval from the local
sherrif, and a note from your mom. Nothing unreasonable,
right?

Reasonable. Is it done that way for ammo? I doubt it but don't
actually know.

New law in California. Buyer must present identification and that
information, plus a thumbprint, is logged by the seller. Also, all
sales must be face-to-face, i.e., no more internet sales.

As if that's gonna stop people from driving to Nevada,Arizona,or Oregon and
buying a carload there.
Hell,that's the next criminal enterprise;smuggled out-of-state ammo,sold
out of auto trunks.
then Kalifornia is going to whine for National controls on ammo,and the
Appeaser In Chief and his DemocRAT Congress will oblige them.

I thought that didn't take effect until January of 2010.

Cheri

one more reason for CA residents to stock up early.
Especially the criminal element.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik