Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default National Ammo Day

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Even though I'm exempt from an NICS check, I make it a practice to
NEVER buy a gun from a dealer.

So, what do you do if you want a brand new gun?

NIB or new to me? For new-to-me, I generally buy guns from individuals at
gun shows (the so-called "gun show loophole"). Of these, there are two
kinds: The guy who rented a table (~$100) to facilitate his private buying
and selling, and the guy walking around with a gun in his hand (code for
"stop me and ask how much I'll take").

I've picked up a couple of guns at estate sales, but they're generally
over-priced.

Hint: If you represent a corporation, the corporation can buy a gun without
a background check. This is most useful for buying fully-automatic weapons.
When asked on the ATF form for the purpose of obtaining a fully-automatic
weapon, the appropriate answer is "investment."