Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default National Ammo Day

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Oren wrote:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:42:09 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

The market is, however, growing. A report out just today says there
were over 1 million gun purchases in September (+12%). While gun
owners are often like cat owners (they typically have more than
one), this increase no doubt includes a significant number of
first-time buyers.
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6917828.ece

The report doesn't mention (I know that) how many guns changed hands
over an adult beverage. Then the numbers go up.

There's another possibility. In some states, possession of a Concealed
Handgun License exempts the bearer from the NICS check, so the FBI has no
knowledge of those transactions (probably not a lot). Some other folks are
also exempt, such as peace officers.

Even though I'm exempt from an NICS check, I make it a practice to NEVER
buy a gun from a dealer.

So, what do you do if you want a brand new gun?