Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
christofire christofire is offline

Default 5 microamp meter - 5 microamp d'Arsonval.jpg - meter box.jpg

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , John Fields
writes
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:15:38 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , John Fields
writes

[ A UUEncoded file (5 microamp d'Arsonval.jpg) was included here. ]

Is that really a 5 microamp meter, or actually just a meter with a 5
microamp FSD scale?

---
It's real. :-)

JF

[ A UUEncoded file (meter box.jpg) was included here. ]

Go on! I'll bet it's not! I thought that the best you got was something
like 50uA. If it really IS 5uA, take care not to drop it.

I've got one or two meters which 'lie' the other way. They are reasonably
sensitive but are intended to be used with a shunt, and are scaled for an
FSD higher than their basic sensitivity.
--
Ian

Wasn't the Avo 8 movement built for 37.5 uA FSD, or thereabouts, certainly
less than 50, and that had a big needle. I vaguely recall GWM Radio or J.
Bull Electrical selling the bare movements. On that basis a 20 or perhaps
even 10 uA movement might be conceivable, although 5 seems a bit of a
stretch.

Chris