Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] upscale@teksavvy.com is offline

Default Making a box joint jig

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:58:46 -0600, Morris Dovey
wrote:

Now I'm planning to revisit my camera instruction book to see what
non-jpeg formats it offers...

Very good to know - thank you.

You're welcome. Just a little bit more information. jpg is good for
saving images since it compresses them to a very small, but still
viewable size. That's about its only use. The act of uncompressing a
jpg (behind the scenes act) for editing is what slightly damages the
image and then you're stuck with that slight segregation when you
resave it.

If you compare a jpg to the same png image, you'll see that the png is
quite a bit larger. But then, the png can be safely edited without any
image loss, not so with the jpg.