Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default WHY???

On Nov 16, 1:59*pm, N8N wrote:
On Nov 16, 1:13*pm, "Roger Shoaf" wrote:

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

*In this same box I found a 20A spec
grade receptacle, even though this is a 15A circuit.

I believe that is no problem as the fuse or breaker will limit the current
being drawn. *Having a better plug harms nothing.

sure, it's not a problem, but it just looks wrong, and at least to me
is a sign of a semi-gluteal job (probably done using leftovers from
something else, I suspect.) *Plus if you ever did plug a 20A device
into it (in the spare bedroom?) all the 2nd floor lights would go out.

Funny thing is there's a 20A dedicated circuit going to one box in the
hallway (I presume for a window AC unit) that has a 15A duplex recep
in it... go figure.

nate

I presume for a window AC unit

Is there a window in the hallway?

Even if there is, that seems a strange place to put an AC unit.

Very strange wiring indeed.