Never Enough Money

Default Incra Ultra router fence question

The Incra fence is very solid. It's a geeat purchase. However, you
should also consider the competing fence from JoinTech. I don't own
either but have been doing tradeoffs between them for s purchase this
spring -- about the time I'll have enough money...

There are several things I like about JoinTech:
there eye-peice has an anti-parallax feature and is not as wide so you
can clean underneath it without removing it.
They use some sacrificial pieces that fit between the fence right at
the bit to acheive zero clearance cutting.

Their fence attachments use a dovetail technique to attach -- seems
much stronger and stable.

I saw demo's of both at a recent woodworkers show. Both are nice but I
believe JoinTech edges out Incra slightly.

Incra, however, has won the marketing war .. so far.

Oh, and JoinTech is made in America.

Bruce wrote in message ...
Hello,
I've been thinking more about making my own router table lately and
given time constraints, I've considered buying the fence versus building
one (I'd rather make projects than tools).
group archives seem to smile kindly on the Incra Ultra fence with most saying
the 16" would be plenty for most uses.

I mainly want a fence just for straight line routing, but the jig feature
would come in handy when I expand my comfort zone.

The one concern I have is "how sturdy is this thing?"

It looks like the fence is only supported by the extension mechanics and
I can imagine a bit of wobble unless the fence ends are somehow clamped to
the table sides. Is this an issue?
If I had the time to spare I'd try to build the Pat Warner fence, but the
Incra woudl fit right in on the holiday wish list.

Any comments +/- from the gallery as to the stability of the Incra
design?

Best deal with a limited search turns up woodpeckers at $195 (whom I have
delt with in the past, great store!)

Thanks a bunch!

-Bruce

(email is minus the numbers and the "spam", sorry! 8^)