Posted to rec.woodworking
Luigi Zanasi Luigi Zanasi is offline

Default hint: the tablesaw doesn't go on the ice chest

On Nov 13, 7:34*pm, Doug Winterburn wrote:
Greg G. wrote:
John Grossbohlin said:

"Greg G." wrote in message
. ..
charlie said:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...113abrk-amputa....

Ouch! * Well, let's see...
A finger tip costs $16,000 to re-attach.
Down to the knuckle runs $27,000.
What do you think this is going to cost?

I think the problem may have stemmed from what _was_ IN the cooler
before he set the saw up there. (SS: this oughta fire some up...)
Many years ago my father told a similar story. A guy he worked with was
using a table top portable saw and it fell off the table while he was
sawing... He tried to catch it and sawed his fingers off during his effort.
I never forgot that story and any time I used a small saw I clamped it down.

Ouch again. The movie Sicko mentions a guy who committed an absolute
cardinal sin while using a small saw and removed several fingers.

One thing I learned as a kid while using soldering irons and knives
was to never grab for a falling tool that can in any way injure.

Maybe the Feds should require all saws to have a Saw Stop device
installed.

Greg G.

So, now the feds should tell me I can't use my non "Saw Stop" tablesaw
'cause I might hurt myself?

I wonder how they protect folks from their tablesaws in Cuba?

They use hand saws. :-)

Luigi