Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suphi Suphi is offline

Default Chimney Balloons

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:05:13 -0000, "Jo" wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of chimney balloons
as we have heard that these are quite effective?

We've had 3 chimney balloons for around 4 years.

They work well, easy to fit, simple to take out when you want to use
the chimney for proper fires and easy to put back again afterwards.
They stop a lot of heat loss and when inflated properly according to
the instructions they do allow for ventilation.

I'm sure you could achieve a similar thing using newspaper etc but for
the cost, they're handy, no fuss and quick and simple to use and
reuse. I'd buy them again if I needed more.

I'm Not sure if cats claws would burst them though, they are quite
tough but I'm not sure. We've got 3 cats but none of them have ever
been up a chimney!

--
suphi