Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default buy AR15 + Computer transfers

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:43:16 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

(...)

Nah, I can do a clean format and install of a real operating system.

I don't know if Ubuntu Linux supports SATA drives yet.
You may have to install XP.

Why waste a perfectly good hard drive? I understand that upgrading
from Vista leaves tons of nasty DLLs and other crap on the drive.

I overwrote a Vista notebook computer with XP.
Only thing missing was a sound driver; I was able to download and
install that afterwards. Worked great!

Mark Rand (Yes, I do work in the IT department of a global company)
RTFM

Everyone I've talked to about Vista hates it. Techs despise it,
saying Win7 is the debugged version of it. I'll be doing a clean
install of Win7Pro shortly (once I get the "free" guaranteed upgrade
mailed to me on my nickel), then using Easy Transfer and a 16/32/64GB
thumb drive to swap old goodies to the new box.

Roger that.

--Winston

--

On YouTube, all the tools have volume controls.