Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default buy AR15 + Computer transfers

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:43:16 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:33:38 -0800, Winston wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

What's the best way to xfer all my proggies and data from the XP box
into the Windows Vista Business box? I haven't done this in a long
while.

I'd make a crossover network cable and connect them directly
together. "Share" the XP C:\ drive and Bob's your uncle.

--Winston

Pull the disk out of the XP box and plug it into the Vista box.

Better still, boot the Vista box off the XP disk and trash the Vista disk :-|

Nah, I can do a clean format and install of a real operating system.
Why waste a perfectly good hard drive? I understand that upgrading
from Vista leaves tons of nasty DLLs and other crap on the drive.

Mark Rand (Yes, I do work in the IT department of a global company)
RTFM

Everyone I've talked to about Vista hates it. Techs despise it,
saying Win7 is the debugged version of it. I'll be doing a clean
install of Win7Pro shortly (once I get the "free" guaranteed upgrade
mailed to me on my nickel), then using Easy Transfer and a 16/32/64GB
thumb drive to swap old goodies to the new box.

Thanks, guys.

--
You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of
OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be