Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Slightly OT - Wheely bin compactors

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:35:40 -0800 (PST), Owain wrote:

They also sell this:
http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/the...er-p-2211.html

"You only need one unit to cover the whole circuit in your home as
soon as you plug it in. The Energy Reducer give an average saving of 3
to 4kwh per day, based on electrical consumption of 30kwh per day.

30kWhr/day thats going some for an ordinary household... We are about
20kWHr/day with people home all day and cook by 'lectric. I guess if
you have E7 and/or heat bulk water by electric you could get to that.

I'm sorely tempted to get one for fun and as I have a Current Cost
power meter and log the data from that I know what our historical
power consumption really is. 10% of 20kWHrs is 2kWHrs that would be
very obvious and a 10% saving would be over £70/year.

If I did get one I'd be *very* surprised to see any change at all.

--
Cheers
Dave.